Thursday, August 28, 2014

Implement Toast Notification using Windows Azure Notification Hubs

For a people knows nothing about notification or Service Hub like me, a few hours is all you need to implement Toast Notification for your windows Store app.

"Getting Started with Notification Hubs" is the step by step documentation together with the concept explanation.  similar documentations are also provided for iOS and Android

click here for the documentation

one thing to add on the code shown in the example is that you better add internet connection check before you make call to the notification API, failed in doing so would cause your app throwing exception.

I found that out with some heavy price. thought to pass my experience on here so that you would not  go through what I did in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment